My name is Megan Graham. I support families from preconception to parenting in Toronto, Canada.
I became a doula in 2015, after being inspired by the birth of my son. His birth was such an uplifting, empowering experience that it inspired me to help other families have positive births, too. I trained with DONA in January 2015 and have been supporting families ever since. In my years as a doula, it became clear to me that there is a need for support at every stage of a person’s reproductive journey, from puberty to parenting and beyond. I strive to be a resource and support person to families throughout this journey. I am continually learning and will be adding more services to support different stages of life as I learn. Stay tuned!
I support birthing people at all Toronto hospitals, the Toronto Birth Centre, and at home.
I have experience with:
- Clients on bed rest
- People conceiving through ART and IVF
- High risk pregnancy and birth
- Medically induced labour
- Births with Epidurals and other medical pain relief
- Birthing people over 40 years old
- Plus size birthing people
- Babies born prematurely
- Single parent families
I am passionate about continuing my education. Here are the programs I have completed and are currently enrolled in:
- DONA birth doula training
- Rebozo (Gena Kirby Method)
- The Cultured Doula Program
- Evidence Based Birth Professional Member
- Currently enrolled in Bebo Mia‘s Infant Sleep Educator training
- Enrolled in Bebo Mia‘s Fertility Specialist Certification (starts in June 2018)
I support you where you’re at. No matter where you are in your journey and what kind of support you need, I am there for you. I am LGBTQIA inclusive. I strive to be an ally to anyone who has experienced oppression, especially Black and Indigenous people. I will not stand for the systemic oppression the is prevalent at every stage of many people’s reproductive journeys.
In my spare time, I enjoy exploring Toronto with my son! Some of our favourite places include Riverdale Farm, Allen Gardens, the Toronto Zoo, Taylor Creek Park, the ROM, the Ontario Science Centre, and Centre Island.
You can find out more about me and my availability on my Doula Match profile.